Pain comes in all forms.
(痛有各種不同的形式)
The small tinge.
(小小的刺痛)
A bit of soreness.
(輕微的酸痛)
The random pain.
(不規律的疼痛)
The normal pains we live with everyday.
(每天伴隨我們的疼痛)
Then there’s the kind of pain you can’t ignore.
(但有種痛是你無法忽略的)
A level of pain so great that it blocks out anything else.
(那種痛的程度把所有的東西都阻隔在外)
Makes the rest of the world fade away.
(讓你對周遭的一切失去知覺)
Until all we can think about is how much we hurt.
(直到我們發現我們傷的有多重)
How we manage our pain is up to us.
(要如何處理我們的痛,在於我們)
We anaesthetize, ride it out, embrace it, ignore it.
(我們麻醉、忍受、接受、忽視它)
And for some of us the best way to manage pain is to just push through it.
(對我們某些人來說,處理傷痛最好的方法就是挺過去)
Pain.
(傷痛)
You just have to ride it out.
(你必須忍受它)
Hope it goes away on its own.
(希望它自己會消失)
Hope that the wound that caused it heals.
(希望它造成的傷口會癒合)
There are no solutions.
(沒有其他的方法)
No easy answers.
(沒有簡單的答案)
You just breathe deep and wait for it to subside.
(你只能做個深呼吸,等它慢慢消失)
Most of the time, pain can be managed.
(多數時候,痛是可以被控制的。)
But sometimes the pain gets to you when you least expect it.
(但有時,痛出現在你最意想不到的時候)
Hits way below the belt and doesn’t let up.
(無所不用其極地攻擊你且不停止)
You just have to fight through,
(你只能奮力抵抗它)
because the truth is you can’t out run it,
(因為事實是你逃不了)
and life always makes more.
(而人生總會有更多痛苦)
--摘錄自「實習醫生第二季.第五集」
以上,僅獻給桃樂絲小妹妹... :)
PS. 我終於翻完了 orz ..